What is Sophrology?
“Learning to live”, “Sophrology is the new mindfulness” The Guardian
Sophrology is a self-development practice which is widely used in continental Europe and becoming increasingly popular in the English-speaking world. It combines Western psychology and relaxation techniques with ancient Eastern mind-body practices.
It consists of simple, practical yet extremely powerful techniques including
- breathing exercises,
- gentle physical movements,
- mental imagery
There is no need for special gear, complicated postures and you can do them anywhere, any time. They form an amazing toolkit of exercises which you can use to help cope with life’s daily challenges.
What can Sophrology help you with?
- Stress management and burn out
- Poor sleep
- Chronic illness and pain
- Self-confidence and emotional resilience
- Preparation for events (exams, medical procedures, stage, and sports performances)
- Work performance
“Sophrology is big news in the wellness world” Elle
What are the benefits of Sophrology?
You can experience several benefits from learning and practising Sophrology. These include:
- A more relaxed and balanced body
- A calm and focused mind
- Increased positivity and happiness
- Being more self-aware and resilient
- An increased sense of empowerment and self confidence
- Discovery of your inner strengths, resources, and values
The benefits from learning and practising Sophrology can be both immediate but also deeply transformational, leading to a new way of living and being.